Posted on December 27 2017
So many people will give you a million different strategies on how to shed that winter weight, but all of that information at once can be so overwhelming. So, I decided to make this post to give you the SIMPLEST blueprint to losing weight to start the new year in an easy and manageable way. Odds are you are not a professional dietitian or personal trainer, so there is really no need for you to know the function of mechanoreceptors and what form of HIIT is most beneficial for peak stage performance. You just need to know the basic essentials... so here they are!
1) MACRONUTRIENTS (Macros) are protein, carbs and fat. These make up our daily calories and can be found listed on any standard food label. What you need to do is find out how many calories/macronutrients you should be eating each day to reach your goals. To do this head over to www.iifym.com and fill out your information as accurately as possible (NO CHEATING!). You will then be emailed your daily recommended macros.
2) TRACKING is essential in attaining any fitness goal! Head over to the app store on your phone and download the FREE app: MyFitnessPal. This app is used to track everything you consume on a given day so that you can insure that you are hitting your macro goals EXACTLY! Head to the "goals" section on the app and set your macronutrient goal to whatever was given to you in the email you received. The idea is to track every single thing you eat in this app and hit your carb, fat and protein goal before you go to bed each day. It can be very difficult to hit each number exact every day so just try to get within 5g of your protein and carbs and within 2g of your fat goal.
Notice how you haven't spent a dime yet?
3) TRAINING is the final piece to the puzzle! And why do we train? Because we want to get in shape, not just skinny. Focus on hitting each muscle group at least once a week. Be sure to include at least one compound movement with each workout session (they will help maximize calorie burning). If you are new to the gym worry more about stabilization and balance with your lifts instead of how much weight you're lifting. After you feel you have gotten a solid workout try to incorporate about 15 minutes of HIIT cardio (20 Seconds as fast as you can, 40 seconds steady pace). NO RUNNING ON THE TREADMILL FOR AN HOUR! The goal here is to find a training style that we can keep up year round, not burn out and give up.
A couple extra tips:
- Drink a lot of water!
- No Cheat Meals! We can eat what we want without going over our daily limits.
- Try to eat foods that are low in calories, but high in protein.
- Shoot for at least 30g fiber a day to avoid cravings.
- Only weigh yourself immediately upon waking after using the bathroom.
Well there you have it! The basics to fat loss that can be attained by anyone! If you have any questions or feel that I left anything vital out, please comment below and lets help each other be better!
Muscle Brothers Performance